Variables and constants
- Scope of variables.
They are dynamic and have attributes and methods.
- Associative array.
- For each.
- Pitfalls in arrays.
- New methods of Array.
- Comprehension array. How to modify the content of an array of filter it with just one command.
Defining and calling functions.
- Built-in functions.
- The eval function. This built-in function allows to add variables and functions dynamically.
- The bind method. To solve this issues in callbacks.
Loops and conditional expressions.
Processing texts with matching rules.
- Div and mouse. To know the position of the mouse inside a div, what properties?
- Optical illusion. Demonstration: How to change an image when the mouse is pressed down on it.
- This and new, a close relationship. How a function becomes an object.
- Copy, avatar and double. Assigning an object to a variable only adds a reference to the same object. How to make an independent copy?
Sharing variables between PHP and Web pages. Adding variables to that of a form.
New features in ECMAScript
And tests of implementation.
Running a code only when the result of a processing is obtained.
Examples of use.
- Import and module made simple
How to import JS modules in the easiest way possible.
One can avoid the spaghetti code with named functions or promises, particularly when asynchronous functions are chained.
- Converting a callback to a promise
To turn synchronous an asynchronous function, with await.
A code simplification tool, proxy allows to separate the bulk of the application of the accessory.
- Map and object: converting nested objects
Conversions between Map and object when they embed other Map and objects.
The essential in one page.
Creating and using a form.
Principles and form objects in HTML 4 and HTML 5. Adding a button or an image used as button.
Sending and receiving data depending on form objects
Transmitting data to a web page or a script on the server.
- How to pass data to another HTML page. How to pass parameters to a Web page? This is accomplished by a form and a simple script that extracts values from the parameter string.
- GET or POST, what method to choose?
- Frames & forms. How to pass form data between frames of a frameset.
Displaying a list of items to select.
Table and query with JSON
Storing a table in a JSON file and accessing its content with a SQL-style query.
- Location. Accessing element of the URL of the page.
- History. Interface to the browser history.
- Dialogs. Interacting with the user, with alert, confirm, prompt.
- setTimeout and setInterval. Delay before execution.
An object to identify the browser of the user.
Links in images.
- Dynamic images. Replacing an image.
Lightbox without framework
Tab Panel without Framework
- Tab Panel for HTML application. When the content is already in the page.
- Tab Panel with frames. Second part of the article.
How to create a two-states button or textual command.
How to implement a system that allows readers to click on an symbol to give an article a score.
Replace with a fade effect a text by a picture, so that the picture is displayed only when needed.
Accessing the pages of an article splitted into several parts.
Adding functions to a webpage with just a link in the page on in the bookmarks. Several examples.