Variables and constants
- Scope of variables.
They are dynamic and have attributes and methods.
- Associative array.
- For each.
- Pitfalls in arrays.
- New methods of Array.
- Comprehension array. How to modify the content of an array of filter it with just one command.
Defining and calling functions.
- Built-in functions.
- The eval function. This built-in function allows to add variables and functions dynamically.
Loops and conditional expressions.
Processing texts with matching rules.
- Div and mouse. To know the position of the mouse inside a div, what properties?
- Optical illusion. Demonstration: How to change an image when the mouse is pressed down on it.
- This and new, a close relationship. How a function becomes an object.
Sharing variables between PHP and Web pages. Adding variables to that of a form.
And test of implementation.
Running a code only when the result of a processing is obtained.
The essential in one page.
Creating and using a form.
Principles and form objects in HTML 4 and HTML 5. Adding a button or an image used as button.
Sending and receiving data depending on form objects
Transmitting data to a web page or a script on the server.
- How to pass data to another HTML page. How to pass parameters to a Web page? This is accomplished by a form and a simple script that extracts values from the parameter string.
- GET or POST, what method to choose?
- Frames & forms. How to pass form data between frames of a frameset.
Displaying a list of items to select.
- Location. Accessing element of the URL of the page.
- History. Interface to the browser history.
- Dialogs. Interacting with the user, with alert, confirm, prompt.
- setTimeout and setInterval. Delay before execution.
An object to identify the browser of the user.
Links in images.
- Dynamic images. Replacing an image.
Lightbox without framework
Tab Panel without Framework
- Tab Panel with frames. Second part of the article.
How to create a two-states button or textual command.
How to implement a system that allows readers to click on an symbol to give an article a score.
Replace with a fade effect a text by a picture, so that the picture is displayed only when needed.
Accessing the pages of an article splitted into several parts.
Adding functions to a webpage with just a link in the page on in the bookmarks. Several examples.